Claire Lyon’s Top 10 Dressing Room Essentials
1. A Tea Cup! I’m a big tea drinker and love drinking out of my floral Royal Albert Tea Cup with saucer.
2. A Dressing Gown! Whether you like it snug and cozy or silk and slinky, a dressing gown is a must for hanging around in back stage. I have a floor length cream silk gown with geisha arms and lace trim, for a bit of old Hollywood glamour.
3. Photos! We spend so much time in our dressing rooms it’s good to make them feel like home! I like a few select photos in frames around the room.
4. Fairy lights! For a touch of magic 😉
5. A humidifyer. To keep your voice in tip top shape before a show!
6. A toothbrush and paste! Especially if you’re playing a romantic lead and have to get it on with your co-star.
7. Lipcote. To keep one’s lipstick from smudging all over one’s face while kissing said co-star.
8. A trundle bed complete with a throw and decorative cushions. For nanna naps on double show days and for “homeliness”.
9. Pei Pa Koa candies and / or syrup. I like to take these if I’m feeling particularly dry or phlegmy.
10. False lashes! You can’t go on stage without them!!
Claire Lyon stars in Anything Goes, which opens in Melbourne this week.
For more details and tickets go to: www.anythinggoesmusical.com.au