Te Hartnell Players are holding auditions for:
Love, Loss & What I Wore
Written by Nora Ephron & Delia Ephron
Based on the book by Ilene Beckerman
Directed by Bruce Cochrane
9F (4 x 20s-30s, 4 x 40s, 1 x 50s)
Have you ever had a favourite piece of clothing that you couldn’t quite let go? Even though it was old, or frayed or far too small? Every time you go to throw it out, you remember wearing it for your first kiss; the birth of your child; your High School dance; your mother’s funeral …
Meet some of the women of Love, Loss and What I Wore –
* Pam, who lost her very favourite shirt. The one that went with everything, that always felt comfortable; so much so that losing it felt like the death of a close friend.
* Lynne, who still has the first ever gift her husband ever gave her – a ring that spells LETTUCE. Something to hold onto while he was in prison.
* Nora, who stands for all women who hate their handbags.
* Geralyn, whose make-up remained immaculate even through her breast cancer surgery.
And Gingy, whose clothes become stepping stones through a life so varied and surprising that we need several visits just to see it all!
The Hartwell Players are looking for 9 actresses aged 20s and up (4 x 20s-30s, 4 x 40s plus 1 x 50s to play the recurring role of Gingy).
* American Accents
* Flexibility (with the exception of Gingy, all actresses will be playing multiple characters).
* Comfort with both comic and dramatic content.
* Confidence with monologues. Many of the characters are performed solo, some with monologues of up to a page (please note Nora’s monologue runs for 3 pages).
* Available for production week Sun 2nd – Sun 9th April 2017, plus rehearsals from Feb 19th (up to 3 times a week, Tues/Thurs evenings & Sunday afternoons).
Performances – 6th – 9th April 2017 at Ashwood High School Performing Arts Centre
Audition Details –
(1) Sunday 5th February @ 2pm (BDC Dance Studio, 15 Yertchuk Ave, Ashwood)
(2) Monday 6th February @ 7.30pm (Fleigner Hall, 31 Highland Ave, Oakleigh East).
How – The auditions will be open, with auditionees reading excerpts from the play. Please bring with you an Audition Form already filled in (available from www.hartwellplayers.org.au), and a non-returnable photograph (please write your name on back of the photo in case it gets separated from the form).
To book your audition please call the director on 0423 347 960 or email [email protected].