379/397 Whitehorse Rd
Nunawading VIC 3131
Thursday 20 July 8pm **
Friday 21 July 8pm SOLD OUT
1 hr 20 mins (no interval)
Full $48 Conc $45 Under 25 $25
Presented by Whitehorse Centre
Created and performed by Michaela Burger, Greg Wain
Winner of Best Cabaret Adelaide Fringe 2016 and nominated for a Helpmann award, Exposing Edith charts the tragic life of arguably the greatest French singer of all time, Edith Piaf. Experience her life, loves and losses through the songs that shot her to stardom.
Exposing Edith is a stunning mix of authentic French chanson and contemporary sounds. Having explored the undertones of Piaf’s vocals and lyrics, Michaela Burger and Greg Wain have created their own unique interpretations of Piaf’s work, using voice and acoustic guitar and the subtle use of loop, delay and effect pedals.
Songs are punctuated with a collection of extraordinary stories of Piaf’s life that are recounted by Burger who also takes on a multitude of key characters, from Edith’s half-sister Momone, to several of her lovers and of course, Edith Piaf herself.
“Exposing Edith can be summed up in one word – sensational. Fully deserved the standing ovation! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★” Southside Advertiser
“Absolutely stunning, possibly the closest you’ll get to Piaf in this day and age. ” RipitUp
Exposing Edith is part of the Whitehorse Centre 2017 Professional Season.
Click here view our online brochure
For more information, phone the Box Office on 9262 6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Booking fees apply per transaction, not per ticket.
– $4.00 via phone and $3.00 via online. No fee when purchasing in person at the Box Office.
– Fees subject to change
– Concession: Seniors Card (60+), Government Concession Card, full time students 16 years and older with valid ID card.
– Under 25: A discounted ticket for any patron under the age of 25. ID may be requested upon entry to theatre.
– Under 24 months: free of charge if held by carer and not occupying a seat