Royal Caribbean Productions is seeking exceptional singers, contemporary/commercial and hip-hop dancers, to be a part of our outstanding entertainment program.
We currently feature numerous production shows, Broadway productions, ice shows, aqua shows, aerial shows, as well as many other offerings onboard our fleet of 24 ships.
We are looking for technically strong, appealing, energetic, and dynamic performers. Prior performance experience is preferred, and all applicants must provide a current picture and resume.
We offer: Competitive Salaries / 7-8 month performance contracts / Family cruise privileges / Paid rehearsal period / Housing / Amazing Itineraries / Professional working environment / Contemporary musical stage productions.
Royal Caribbean Productions is seeking exceptionally talented singers, with professional theatre and/or concert backgrounds, who have the ability to command the stage with star-like qualities. Mature, versatile vocalists who are able to harmonize and perform a wide variety of music genres, including Pop/Rock, R&B/Soul, Gospel, Contemporary Musical Theatre/Broadway, and Jazz. Must move extremely well. Strong acting ability and experience singing in other languages a plus.
- Please prepare your best 16-32 bars (preferably pop/rock) that shows range and personality.
- Have your personal repertoire book available upon request. All sheet music should be in proper key; accompanist will be provided.
- In addition, please prepare two songs from the RCP audition Repertoire. Please click on the applicable link below.
- Bring your headshot and resume stapled together.
- You may be called back to move/dance; bring proper dance shoes and dance clothes that show your figure/physique.
FEMALES (Any Ethnicity): Must read 20s to early 40s. 5’4 or taller. Attractive, captivating, leading lady types with a strong, controlled belt/mix to F5 and legit to C6.
MALES (Any Ethnicity): Must read 20s to early 40s. 5’8 or taller. Attractive, strong, masculine, leading man types. Tenors and Baritenors, both with strong falsetto extension. Must be able to comfortably sing and sustain up to A4.
Royal Caribbean Productions, the premiere producer of entertainment-at-sea, is currently seeking exceptional dancers ages 18-35 for its fleet of 134 bespoke production shows aboard 26 state-of-the-art ships. Our choreographer will teach three challenging combinations of contrasting styles at the “live” auditions. Proper dance attire that best shows your physique is required. Ladies make sure to bring your heels. Please be sure to bring your current headshot and resume.
CONTEMPORARY DANCERS: Must be technically strong, energetic and dynamic performers, comfortable in a range of different dance styles, inclusive of jazz, ballet, modern, and commercial.
HIP HOP DANCERS: Must be strong, dynamic, edgy hip hop dancers, who also have the technical facility to move between various other dance styles, including jazz and contemporary.
COMMERCIAL/CONTEMPORARY DANCERS: Must be technically strong, energetic and dynamic performers, comfortable in a range of different dance styles, inclusive of jazz, ballet, modern, hip hop, and commercial.
Please visit http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/auditions for further information or feel free to contact our friendly team at [email protected] or 0414 692 943 for assistance
PEP Productions Inc. invites you to audition for our production of Assassins, performing at the Doncaster Playhouse from Thursday 22 August – Saturday 31 August 2019.
To book your audition, please read the information below and visit trybooking.com/BAWUG
—– PRODUCTION TEAM —–
Director | Daragh Wills
Musical Director | Maddy Corbel
Assistant Director | Luca Cirillo
Production Manager | Justin Cleaver
—– CAST AGES —–
• All cast are to be over 18 years of age by August 22, 2019.
—– AUDITION DATES —–
• Auditions will take place on:
– Tuesday 26 March @ 7:30PM-10:30PM
– Thursday 28 Match @ 7:30PM-10:30PM
• More audition dates/times will be added on Monday 25 March and/or Wednesday 27 March if a high number of applicants express interest.
• Callbacks will take place on Monday 8 April @ 7:30PM-10:30PM. Notification of those required will be made by Monday 1 April. Please note that not all roles will require a callback,
—– AUDITION LOCATION —–
• All auditions and callbacks will take place at Boronia West Primary School, Tormore Rd, Boronia VIC 3155.
—– AUDITION REQUIREMENTS —–
• All auditions are scheduled by appointment only.
• Auditions will be allocated in half-hour sessions, with a maximum number of individual auditionees in a timeslot being four. Individual auditions will take between 5-10 minutes in most cases.
• Please prepare two contrasting songs in the style of the show that showcase your vocal range and acting ability. Please choose an appropriate starting place in your song/s and note that the panel may not need to hear all of your pieces.
• Piano accompaniment will be provided, providing your own accompanist is also permitted. Unaccompanied auditions will not be accepted.
• Self-accompaniment will not be accepted, with the exception of those auditioning for the roles of The Balladeer and/or John Hinckley Jr, who can self-accompany on guitar or another stringed instrument should they choose. Please note that this is not a requirement for those auditioning for these roles; but will be accepted – see character descriptions for more details.
• Auditionees may be required to do a cold read of a script excerpt as part of their audition.
• Auditionees may be required to complete vocal exercises/scales as part of their audition.
• Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled half-hour slot to complete all necessary registration details. Please provide a non-returnable, current, clear photo of yourself, and an up-to-date resume (if available).
• The audition panel will consist of all production team members listed above.
—– REHEARSAL INFORMATION —–
• Rehearsals will commence Tuesday 16 April @ 7:30PM-10:30PM.
• Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings (7:30PM-10:30PM), Thursday evenings (7:30PM-10:30PM) and Sunday evenings (6:30PM-9:30PM).
• Rehearsal will be held at Boronia West Primary School, Tormore Rd, Boronia VIC 3155.
• Rehearsal locations are subject to change, but plenty of notice will be given in these instances.
• A two-night rehearsal camp will take place from 12-14 July 2019. Location is to be confirmed.
• A compulsory sitz probe will be held on Sunday 11 August @ 6:30PM-9:30PM, in regular rehearsal time.
—– PRODUCTION WEEK AND SEASON DATES —–
• Production week will commence on Saturday 17 August and all cast are expected to be involved with Bump In on this day.
• Technical and dress rehearsal will take place on the evenings of Sunday 18 August- Wednesday 21 August (inclusive).
• Performance dates and times include
– Thursday 22 August @ 8:00PM
– Friday 23 August @ 8:00PM
– Saturday 24 August @ 8:00PM
– Wednesday 28 August @ 8:00PM
– Thursday 29 August @ 8:00PM
– Friday 30 August @ 8:00PM
– Saturday 31 august @ 6:00PM
• Bump Out will take place after the final performance, and all cast and crew are expected to lend a hand.
• In-theatre call times during production week will be provided closer to Bump In. All successful auditionees must be available for all of these times.
• All production week rehearsals and performances will take place at the Doncaster Playhouse, 679 Doncaster Rd, Doncaster VIC 310-8
Membership and Show Fees
• All successful auditionees will be required to become financial members of PEP Productions and pay a show fee. One $90.00 payment will cover both these requirements.
—– CAST SIZE AND REQUIREMENTS —–
• Assassins will consist of an onstage cast of eleven – eight males and three females.
• This show calls for a cast that is prepared to have fun, work hard and show commitment to character through performance and production.
—– CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS —–
JOHN WILKES BOOTH
Male | Baritone (F2-G4) | Lead | to look 25-40 years
An American man who at 26 years of age, successfully assassinated President Abraham Lincoln during a performance at Ford’s Theatre in Washington DC on April 14, 1865. As the pioneer and leader of the group of assassins and viewed amongst them as an inspirational celebrity. The actor portraying Booth must portray a strong sense of leadership and confidence, with a smooth and seductive undertone.
Male | Baritone (G#2-G4) | Lead | to look 25-35 years
A Polish-American man who at 28 years of age, successfully assassinated President William McKinley at the Pan American Exposition in Buffalo, NY on August 31, 1901. A young, poverty-worn radical with a lethal passion for justice, the young actor portraying the role of Czolgosz calls for an excellent actor with a strong lower register. Must have the ability to speak in a Polish accent.
CHARLES J. GUITEAU
Male | Tenor (A2-Ab4) | Lead | to look 30-45 years
An American man who at 39 years of age, successfully assassinated President James Garfield in the waiting room of the Baltimore and Potomac Railroad Station, Washington DC on July 2, 1881. A religious man with psychopathic tendencies, the actor playing Guiteau must have strong comedic and expressive skills with the added ability to portray an unhealthy dose of eerie and intense undertones.
Male | Tenor (C3-G4) | Lead | to look 18-25 years
The Balladeer is a young man, personifying the voice of America. He takes the audience through the stories of the three successful assassinations and acts as the voice of reason in opposition of the assassins, for as long as he can. A young actor is needed to portray this role, with strong acting and singing ability. Ability to play guitar, banjo, ukulele or another stringed instrument is preferable, but not required.
SARA JANE MOORE
Female | Soprano (F3-Eb5) | Supporting | to look 35-50 years
An American woman who at age 45, unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford at the St Francis Hotel in San Francisco, CA on September 22, 1975. A bit of a scatter-brain, Moore acts as some of the comedic relief in the piece as a frazzled housewife with little sense. The actress portraying Moore must have excellent comedic timing and be a strong character actress.
LYNETTE “SQUEAKY” FROMME
Female | Alto/Mezzo (A3-G5) | Supporting | to look 25-35 years
An American woman who at age 27, unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford at Capitol Park in Sacramento, CA on September 5, 1975. A pixie hippie in love with Charles Manson with a personality that would have anyone on edge – step in her way and you’re in for a world of trouble. A strong character actress with a beautiful voice is required for this role.
JOHN HINCKLEY JR.
Male | Baritone (A2-G4) | Supporting | to look 20-30 years
An American man who at age 26, unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan on March 30, 1981. A love-obsessed and depressed college student, Hinckley’s obsession with actress Jodie Foster brings him to the brink of insanity. A stereotypically ‘geeky’ character to be portrayed by an actor with the ability to make anyone feel sorry for him, despite his actions. Ability to play guitar is preferable, but not required.
Male | Tenor (B2-A4) | Supporting | to look 30-40 years
An Italian-American man who at age 33, unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 15, 1933. An angry man, full of rage towards politics, the actor portraying Zangara must be able to focus an intense energy into their performance. Must have the ability to speak in a thick Italian accent.
Male | Tenor or Baritone | Supporting | to look 35-55 years
An American man who at age 44, unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate President Richard Nixon on February 22, 1974. Described as a “hysterically irate schlep in a Santa Claus suit”, Byck is persuasive and surprisingly wise, despite his appearance. Must have the ability to speak in a thick Brooklyn accent. Primarily a spoken role with some singing
THE PROPRIETOR (AND OTHERS)
Male | Tenor or Baritone (Gb2-F4) | Ensemble | flexible age
The Proprietor is the mysterious man who runs the shooting gallery at the carnival. The actor portraying this role will be the sole male ensemble member, playing a variety of cameo roles including but not limited to: The Proprietor Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley, Ronald Reagan, James Garfield, Gerald Ford, a press junkie, a bartender, etc.
EMMA GOLDMAN (AND OTHERS)
Female | Soprano or Alto | Ensemble | flexible age
Emma Goldman is a turn-of-the-century anarchist agitator feminist with a stubborn nature. She acts as an inspiration to Leon Czolgosz. The actress portraying this role will be the sole female ensemble member, playing a variety of cameo roles including but not limited to: Emma Goldman, Billy (Moore’s son), “Something Just Broke” soloist, etc.
TO BOOK YOUR AUDITION VISIT:
MORDIALLOC THEATRE COMPANY
Mr. Bailey’s Minder
by Debra Oswald
Director: Martin Gibbs 0411.645.003
Audition Venue: The Guide Hall, Glebe Avenue, Cheltenham
Audition Date: Sunday 7 April 2019. Time: TBA
Performance Venue: Shirley Burke Theatre, 64 Parkers Rd, Parkdale
Season Dates: 21, 22; 23*, 27, 28, 29**, 30* June, 4 5, 6 July 2019
Evenings at 8 pm, **Saturday and *Sunday matinees at 2.30 pm
Please call to advise if you will be attending or if you are unavailable on that day.
Leo Bailey is one of Australia’s greatest living artists, whose genius battles to survive the effects of alcohol, cynicism and self-loathing. Only one of his many children, his daughter Margo, is prepared to help, but she does so at arm’s length. Margo finds a live-in-minder, Therese, who is fresh out of prison and desperate for a home. Then along comes Karl, a handyman who has the job of removing a valuable mural but who keeps returning with offers of practical friendship.
A funny and deeply moving play about friendship, ego, art and the secret longing for a better life.
Our director, Martin Gibbs’s recent productions at Mordialloc include VISITING MR. GREEN, A MONTH OF SUNDAYS, ALBERT NOBBS, AUSTRALIA DAY and SEASON’S GREETINGS.
Margo – late 30’s – Leo Bailey’s daughter – support role.
Firm and matter-of-fact. Has had a long and unpleasant relationship with her father.
Therese – mid to late 20 – the minder – major role.
Street wise and earthy. Homeless and just out of jail. A nice person despite her current existence.
Leo Bailey – late 60’s plus – major role.
A hard, cynical, unpleasant man battling the ravages of alcohol and drugs.
Gavin – 30 – a hanger-on – minor role.
A freeloader using Mr. Bailey for personal gain.
Karl – 30 – a handyman– large support role.
A handyman who visited and kept visiting. A nice man who takes an interest in both Mr. Bailey and Therese.
NOTE: The roles of Gavin and Karl are to be played by the same actor.
The above ages and descriptions are a guide only and I am looking for actors who can play the ages stated and not necessarily be that age. So please don’t wait to be asked if you feel you could play any of the characters. No roles have been pre-cast.
It is necessary that you are familiar with the play when you come to the auditions.
Copies of the script can be obtained by phoning the director.
Rehearsals are two nights a week and Sundays at times to be decided and will commence 14 May – TBC.
GTC is proud to present auditions for our 2019 musical: Rent by Jonathan Larson.
Set in the East Village of New York City, Rent is about falling in love, finding your voice and living for today. Winner of the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, Rent has become a pop cultural phenomenon. Based loosely on Puccini’s La Boheme, Jonathan Larson’s Rent follows a year in the life of a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York’s Lower East Side, under the shadow of HIV/AIDS.
Director – Hannah Bird
Musical Director – Ben Heels
Choreographer – Lizzie Pereira
Auditions will be held on Friday 24th of May from 6pm-10pm and Saturday 25th of May from 2pm-10pm.
Callbacks will be held on Sunday 26th of May from 2pm onwards.
Audition and callback venue is TBC.
Prepare two songs (you may not be asked to sing both) – One song in the style of the show and one song showing off range and ability
*Auditionees may sing one song from the show if they wish.
Please select a 90/120 second section of your songs.
No acapella or backing tracks
Sheet music must be in the correct key. Song MUST be clearly marked and in a folder. No loose sheets or poorly presented music will be accepted.
Please also prepare a monologue from an American play/musical in the style of the character you wish to audition for. You may email us if you need a suggestion of which to look at. Please limit these to 60 seconds.
Filmmaker and video artist. Knee deep in his own soul-searching, Mark is the typical young artist. He and Roger are roommates in the loft. A bit of a nerd.
Vocal range top: G4
Vocal range bottom: A2
A struggling musician and former drug addict. He is reminiscent of Kurt Cobain. Roommates with Mark in the loft and battles with being HIV-positive.
Vocal range top: A4
Vocal range bottom: F2
An HIV-positive stripper with drug addictions. Slender and sickly, she conceals it all at her job in the local strip club. She lives in the same building as the loft.
Vocal range top: E5
Vocal range bottom: Eb3
A computer genius and liberal professor. He is a nurturer with a smooth and relaxed disposition. Used to be a roommate in the loft and is HIV-positive.
Vocal range top: A4
Vocal range bottom: F#2
An unpredictably zany performance artist. Maureen oozes sexuality and used to live in the loft. She has recently dumped Mark for Joanne.
Vocal range top: F5
Vocal range bottom: C4
A public interest lawyer and headstrong lesbian. She is smart and purposeful in all her decisions. Carries on a tumultuous relationship with Maureen.
Vocal range top: E5
Vocal range bottom: G3
Benjamin Coffin III
The landlord of Mark and Roger’s apartment building. A former roommate in the loft, Benny traded in his personal morals for power and wealth.
Vocal range top: F#4
Vocal range bottom: Bb2
A group of 10-12 versatile performers to play various roles in the show.
*Please note the role of Angel has been precast.
First rehearsal will take place on the 30th May from 7-10pm.
Rehearsals will then be held on Wednesdays 7-10pm, Friday 7-10pm and Sunday 9am-2pm at Montrose public Hall.
*Please take note of travelling time to and from rehearsal and factor this into your decision to audition.
There will be a mandatory rehearsal camp on August 9th-11th in Phillip Island. This is compulsory for all cast member so please make sure if you plan to audition you have these dates free.
The show dates are October 10th-19th and we will be performing 8 shows. Our show venue is Knox Community Arts Centre.
GTC MEMBERSHIP/CAST FEE
All cast members are required to become financial members of the company and will also be required to pay a cast fee. GTC membership fee is $30 and cast fee is $50.
We will only be accepting auditionees over the age of 18 at the time of auditions.
To book an audition please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/y3z2xdrz and fill out the form. We will be in touch with your allocated time.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to send us an email at [email protected]
We can’t wait to see you all there!
Rent is licensed exclusively by Music Theatre International (Australasia). All performance materials supplied by Hal Leonard Australia.